xmlns:v='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml'ABQIAAAA_Nqv8Do5PL4aLnjTjJs5cBQ8uAFG_cr0obcbfVq_xPCLbZIkGhTCozg3Msv6LE6bdlAyXUzMVfcmiA Our Ride Across America!

Thursday, August 13, 2009





July 29th

I was hit by a truck today...I mean I was hit by Bill today. We were pulling into a gas station to fill up on water. There were multiple places to pull into the gas station. I looked over my shoulder and saw that Bill was already in the turn lane, so I got into it as well, thinking we were going to turn right away. Bill was thinking we were not turning right away so he was still cruising pretty fast. At that moment, a car was coming out of the gas station. I thought this would be the prefect opportunity to turn into the station. So I turned...exactly at the moment that Bill was going to pass me. It was a spectacular crash! It ended with both Bill and I on the ground and my front wheel "taco-ed".

That happened in the first 15 miles of the day. A very nice man stopped to give us a lift into town where there was a bike shop. We bought a new wheel and set out for 100 more miles. It was a very long day, but the warmshower we got to was AWESOME!

We got into Lincoln a little late. Pam knew we were coming and had made us salad, bread, and lasagna with zucchini. After dinner she served us ice-cream and blueberries. Everything was so delicious. Where is this lady from??? She is amazing! To top it off, we slept in a wonderful bed and she was making ham, eggs, pancakes, and protein smoothies when we woke up. Do we have to leave?
ps. Pam, I love the glasses!

No comments: